Saturday, July 07, 2007

GREETINGS FROM PERU

Peru was so much fun and such a beautiful country. These pictures only scratch the surface...just some highlights...

Our room was totally open to the jungle on one side. It didn't have a screen or anything. The staff let down the mosquito net at night and lit the kerosene lamps.



the dining room

We had three hikes on our free day at the lodge. We did the canopy tower. You can see our shadow under the tree branches on the left. We also went on a tour of a local farm and got to sample the good stuff. Bob went on a hike to a lake and cayman hunting. Caymans are like alligators. They went fishing for piranha...Bob caught a sardine.



We left the jungle and went to Cuzco. I love Cuzco!!! Here is the famous 12 angle stone and our conductor, Simon



I think we went to eight Inca sights, but Machu Picchu was by far the most impressive. We were able to walk all over the place, explore the caves, fall to our deaths...it was fascinating and so much bigger than I had imagined.










2 comments:

Bran said...

Peru looks amazing - I can't wait to hear all about it. Maybe lunch again soon? I can next week but am free after that.
Brandie

amy said...

Wow! Great Pics. I will now blame you if I don't get my book finished before my book club meets. ;)