Thursday, June 28, 2007

ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED

So I'm working in the basement when Troy comes running past me with a megaphone. I asked him where he was going and he says, "To yell at people so they will give money to the poor." I go outside to investigate and they have set up a booth to yell at joggers and passing cars. We collected change at VBS and they were inspired when it totaled $297. They raised $1.04. I discuss what a bad idea it is to have strangers stop at the house with no grown-up in the yard. They reassured me that Bob is in the backyard and they were fine. I told them we would have a bake sale in August. So they cleaned the yard...but were not very happy about it...
I went back inside to work some more. When I started looking for them, they had disappeared. Then I saw Carolyn hopping across the neighbor's yard, bound and gagged with painter's tape. They were going to leave her there until I found her...to make me think a stranger had done it...like to give me a scare...little punks...

No comments: