Friday, July 10, 2009

FOR THE BIRDS

Like most kids, the boys talk a lot… all the time… nonstop… they can sense you are near them and they start talking… I sometimes agree to things without realizing it, but I love it so much that I have to write down our conversations from time to time….

Sully: I drew something that stands for Jesus.
Me: What?
Sully: A bird.
Me: What does the bird mean?
Sully: It means “peace.”
Me: That’s very sweet. Where did you learn that?
Sully: Phineas and Ferb.

Whaaat?

And later that same night…

Harrison: You know what I listened to on my IPod today?
Me: What?
Harrison: Monkey and the Engineer.
Me: That’s the Grateful Dead. It’s off of Reckoning.
Harrison: That’s the Grateful Dead? It didn’t sound like them.
Me: That’s because it’s Bob Weir and you are probably more used to the Jerry Garcia singing.
Harrison: Oh. I like Jerry Garcia. I think he sounds more like a rock star. Which one sings Sugar Magnolia?
Me: Both
Harrison: But which one sings “Sugar magnolia, blossoms blooming, head’s all empty and I don’t care.” Which one?
Me: I think that is Bob Weir.
Harrison: I think it is Jerry Garcia.
Me: You have me so confused; I think I have to listen to it. Some of the old Dead Heads don’t like Bob Weir.
Harrison: Hmmm. What's that?
Me: That just the name for Grateful Dead fans.
Harrison: Why do they call them Dead Heads?
Me: Just do...
Harrison: What do they call Ben Harper fans?
Me: Ben Heads or Dot Netters
Harrison: I think you are a Ben Head.
Me: I’m a little of both. Most of the Dot Netters only like his old stuff and I like some of his newer stuff with the Innocent Criminals. But I don’t really care for his new band. Do you know what they call Ryan Adams fans?
Harrison: What?
Me: Halloween Heads.
Harrison: Does he sing a lot of Halloween songs?
Me: Nope.
Harrison: Uhhh. What is the name of his band?
Me: The Cardinals
Harrison: Then they should call them Bird Heads….. or Bird Brains. Bird Brains! (Followed by lots of cackling)

Here is the song that started it all...

I will spare you another Phineas and Ferb song.

Oh wait... I lied...

No comments: