Saturday, January 19, 2008

SNOW!!

So it's snowing and beautiful...
what better time to defend yourself
against the "white bombs".

Guess that's life with boys...speaking of which,
I heard Sully yell, "I'm melting!". I turned around and found this:

So we went inside to warm up...
then back out for a snowball fight at dusk-

Then once the sun had set, we went back out for round three. Notice Harrison's mini-snowman to his left. For Sully, simply opening his mouth to catch the flakes was way too slow.
He found a way to expedite things. For the record I have a snow museum in my freezer...including, but limited to, two muddy footprints. Bob was in transit from Nebraska when it started falling. I tried to convince the boys that Dad had seen snow already that day....but he hadn't seen "our snow". So I agreed to create a little tribute to the flurries of 01/16/08 amidst the frozen veggies. The only thing that wasn't allowed was the snowman. And here is Harrison's reaction when he found out it had melted two days later...


He's been learning about the water cycle at school. I told him that his snowman was now part of the cycle again and the next time it rained, we would be blessed with "snowman guts". It's really hard to say "snowman guts" without smiling...go ahead...I dare you try.

No comments: