Thursday, August 14, 2008

SIGNING SULLY

It's hard to believe that Sully turned four today. I just stared at him in disbelief...and also bursting with pride because he is such an awesome little fellow. Things have just been a blur since he came along. I don't think it has to do with Sully as much as Harrison starting school, people moving, illness, and so on. So much has changed.

It is also hard to believe that he stopped using sign language almost two years ago. It disappeared shortly after his second birthday. Lolly mentioned the other day the time I bought him a Barbie tricycle and he would stop and sign thank you over and over. I had forgotten all about it. (If you are wondering why he had a Barbie trike- it was because he would go after the girls' bikes at the park because they had streamers and really were just more attractive. So I found one at a yard sale....along with a Britax for $12...yard sales rock!) anyway...I decided to look back for some photos of him signing. They say not to make them sign for show, but I seemed to get a few...

this was his first sign at 8 months...no surprise...look how big he is!
eat

and also just has handy-
more

help!

thank you
I guess for letting him color the inside of his nostrils... apple
he also used to do banana a lot. Lolly would say,
"He's pointing his finger...what do I do?"
fire or hot
gentle
please
I loved it when he would combine more fish please when he wanted goldfish crackers. And dance was always really cute, too. Or doing where in his sleep when he heard a train whistle with Lolly and Pop-Pop. And hurt when he was teething. He would also ask for a bath or tell me when he was cold. One of my favorites was rain. He would get so excited and his hands would start flying when I opened the carport door. I started doing it for fun, but it really was more helpful than I ever imagined...and so sweet.

I really miss my signing Sully...

Happy Birthday Big Guy!

No comments: