Tuesday, October 28, 2008

FIELD TRIP!

So the boys and I decided to take a field trip up to Hoschton one Friday. Harrison was home from school sick. Sully had a teacher work day. The weather was yucky and we couldn't stand being in the house any longer. The usual haunts were no good because we didn't want to spread our germs. So lucky for us the nice people Hoschton decided to put up 4,000+ scarecrows.

Harrison liked the pirate and decided to take some pictures...
Sully like the scuba girl and decided to do some investigating of his own... then we saw these scary guys...
Elvis says, "drink lots of water or you might look like the lady to my left!"
Sully tried to trick us into thinking this guy had real hands...
*flashback*
I was window shopping and saw these toes...
so weird to me that after all these years I still know My Baby Beth feet when I see them.
then there were more frightening scarecrows...
and a visit to the Ponderosa...
we rode around for a little while and this town went all out!
here is a wedding...
and a family with their pet...sasquatch?
I really wished we had dressed like Dorothy, the Tin man and the Lion... maybe next time.

2 comments:

amy climie said...

I drove through that town a month ago and did not know all of those things were there. I crossed into the city line while Down In The River To Pray ( song from O'Brother Where Art Thou) was playing on the radio, and with the combo of the 9am morning September light.....it was the weirdest thing but peaceful too.

Great photos!!

Kellie Dorsett said...

You are such an awesome Mom. What great memories your kids are going to have! I love checking out your blog.