Monday, October 20, 2008

REFLECTIONS...

Harrison participated in the national PTA art contest again this year. The theme was WOW! and he choose to paint a roller coaster. He didn't place and was a little disappointed. You could just see his little eyes brimming with red. One of his best friends got the blue ribbon and Harrison was very happy for him. I told him that I was prouder of him for congratulating his friend than I ever could have been if he had won. It takes a lot of maturity to be happy for someone when they have what you want most... so reflect upon that, my little artist.
you are one awesome kid!
and for the record...he plans on doing
four entries for each category next year.
I can't wait to see his dance entries. :)

3 comments:

angela said...

Is this rollercoaster piece for sale? I find it quite fetching.true artist!

amy climie said...

awe.. poor guy.

i wish we had art contests!!

Anonymous said...

You are raising quite a well adjusted little boy. I wish we had more moms like you.