Wednesday, October 01, 2008

SMILING ON THE INSIDE

That is the only way I can describe watching Harrison practice piano. The piano belonged to my great-great-grandmother, Grandmaw Ada, the mother of Darlin, my great-grandmother, before eventually coming to me. I'm also got my first name from Darlin. She passed away when Harrison was a baby....seven years ago today.
clockwise- me, grandmother, darlin, pop-pop and grandmaw ada
at the flower shop in 1974.
I have not had the piano in my home since November of 1990 when my parents moved. When Bob and I were designing the living room, we made sure it had a spot and I hung the pictures several years ago....but then it took me five years to figure out how to get it home. So at long last, my piano is home and my punkin is learning to play it. life is good.
By the way, Harrison and Sully like this photo because they think Pop-Pop looks like Shaggy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Tell him pratice pratice pratice!

Hugs
NoNo

Bran said...

WOW - you and your great-great grandma were alive at the same time. Cool - that's a very rare thing.