Thursday, November 06, 2008

11th HOUR ASTRONAUT

It's Sully's career day and he decided he wanted to be an astronaut. no problem. We have a massive amount of dress-up clothes. Surely there are some space goodies...ummm no. So after I got the kids in bed, it was time to get cranking. Bob was in another state. I had to go Mcgiver on this one and here is the result...
I had some ink jet iron-ons from a project way back when Harrison was in pre-k. Add google images, lay it out, and flip. The shirt is complete and only slightly burnt from the iron. Then I took aluminum foil and covered his army helmet and rain boots. I added Sully's name to the list of astronauts on the International Space Station logo and glued it on the hat. We flipped Harrison's Bakugan belt around and now you've got Commander Sully! Ready for blast off!

4 comments:

Chandler said...

You are such a cool mom. Being the bad mom that I am, I would have nixed the astronaut idea and told him he had to choose a costume that came out of a package! :~)

Anonymous said...

I've always had a thing for a man in uniform...

amy climie said...

wow. great costume.

angela said...

mother of the year award awaits