Monday, November 10, 2008

"STOP STICKING YOUR ELBOW IN CORNBREAD'S BUTT!"

just another one of those things I've probably never said before and probably wouldn't had I never had kids (yes- that's a triple negative). like at dinner the other night when I kept shouting, "stop rubbing bacon in your eye! stop!" eventually he did and after repeated rinsing, he only slightly looked like I had punched him...wondering if anyone would believe the bacon story and my trying to emulate waffle house...ok the waffle house part is totally believable.

anyway...harrison had a folk art show based on the work of the artist, cornbread. he was very excited. we all know how much he loves his folk art. so we get to the show with a too-tired-and-over-it sully. (I would like to add that sully still has not adjusted to the time change and was in bed at 6:30 this night.) so we locate harrison's painting and he had to get close to it for the picture. I kept pulling him out (between trying to convince sully that it wasn't the end of times) and he kept wedging himself into the corner. the striped shirt you there is that of the visiting artist...

so imagine cornbread looking over his shoulder between handshakes and pictures...wondering why he was being groped by a 40 lb second grader. all the while, I'm trying to motion to harrison that that dude is cornbread- when harrison plants an elbow squarely in the cheeks.

and this is harrison's face when I finally got him close enough to say, "stop sticking your elbow in cornbread's butt. that is cornbread!". eventually, he figured out we were not back there for the view and posed for a picture...

cornbread was a very nice guy and seemed genuinely flattered by the entire show. to read more about his work, click here. and I guess I should add that harrison's painting is the frog.

No comments: