Wednesday, December 10, 2008

MORE FAMILY PARTIES...

hope you guys are not sick of them because here they come again...
The big Local 72 party was last weekend. It's very much like a family reunion for us. Not surprisingly, Grandmother was caught comparing jewelry with an elf... and Sully wouldn't leave Santa's side without making sure he had everything listed that he might want for Christmas before going to college...
Did I mention it was a big party?
Sully wants a baby sister because his friend has one. ummm no. I took a picture of him with Reese. He thinks she is really cool and loved getting to hold her. I have a feeling that wouldn't be the case if she was old enough to take his toys.
On AFV they play a game called "Head or Groin?"...or something like that...where contestants get to guess if the victim is going to get hit in the head or groin. I think we are going to have a mypunkinpies version called "Sticks or Wrestling?"

so

what

is

your

guess?


if you choose wrestling, you were correct!

~
Later that night, we went to Rere's surprise 50th birthday party. Dalton's band played. There was dancing...
and kids checking out the flamingo toilet cake...
There was a time in high school when I quit telling stories about my family. I would paint them with a broad brush and just leave out the details because someone made the remark once that I had to be lying. When asked what I did that weekend, I would say something like- "went to a bunch of little league football games, went to my Granny's and Grandmother's, babysat and watched HA!, did people really laugh at Love American Style?..." But now I have this blog and can just show you pictures so you don't have to question the validity of a flamingo toilet cake.
anyway...
Rere suggested I hang out of Rylee's window and get a shot of the whole crowd...
It was a great party. I wish I could have stayed longer and blown everyone away with my rendition of Me and Bobby McGee. oh well... maybe next time... Bobby will still be looking for that home and I hope he finds it...yep, it's stuck in my head...better than the theme to Love American Style...I'll stop now...

1 comment:

amy climie said...

what did the cake say??